Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a course that helps participants access and strengthen their own inner resources to actively engage in caring for themselves and find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind. MBSR is the original mindfulness course, has been exhaustively researched, and considered to be the gold standard for mindfulness. For more on MBSR, click here.
MBSR is a structured 8-week course that includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement, based on yoga and qi gong
- Group discussions and dialogue aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Daily home assignments to build a foundation of regular mindfulness practice
- Guided online meditation audio files for home practice
- A handy 50-page workbook as your guide to the course, with short readings and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
- Optional, one hour mid-week evening meditation practice to review and solidify what we’ve learned so far
- Course fee: By Donation: $0 to $300
- Class limited to 20 people.
- Class Dates: Sunday evenings, 6:00-8:30 PM, April 19 – June 14 (skipping May 25th, Memorial Day weekend)
- Retreat date: Saturday, May 30th, and we meet from 10 AM – 4 PM
- Class Location – Online
- Retreat Location – Online
By signing up for MBSR class, you agree to the following:
- Eligibility: This course is designed for adults. If you (or an individual for whom you are registering) are less than 18 years of age, please contact us before registering.
If you have any questions before registering, please contact Ellen.
Please complete and submit this form:
You can donate (any amount up to $300) online through PayPal (No PayPal account necessary – you can just use a credit card on their site) by clicking the “Donate Now” button:
Or submit your donation by check. Payable to:
441 Washington Street
Port Townsend, 98368